Canada's Startup Visa Program
Ontario Government's FedDev (IBI) Investing in Business Innovation program
Key Facts about CVCA
* Established in 1974, the CVCA is dedicated to pursing growth opportunities for the Canadian venture capital and private equity industry.
* Over 1500 members comprised of venture capitalists, and institutional investors, corporate investors, private equity investors, angel investors, and advisory members which provide services such as law, finance, executive search, investment bank, insurance, consultants, advisors, government and academia.
* Canada's venture capital and private equity industry represents over $112 billion in capital under management.
* CVCA has over 160 Full Members (investors) and the breakdown is as follows: venture funds (44%), buyout & mezz funds (40%), LPs (10%), corporate (6%).
VIEW MEMBER DIRECTORY
JOIN THE CVCA
SPONSORSHIP & MEDIA INQUIRIES: All media inquires and interview requests, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sponsorship of CVCA events is an efficient and economical way to reach CVCA members who are an educated and high net worth group of private equity decision makers who manage over $112 billion in capital under management. Please see sponsorship and partner hosted description below and contact email@example.com
SPONSORSHIP OVERVIEW AND OPPORTUNITIES
The Benefit Corporation in Canada: The Evolution of the Corporation
November 25, 2014
There are 26 states plus the District of Columbia in the United States of America where legislation has been enacted permitting a new type of Corporation.
These corporations are also referred to as benefit corporations; for-profit corporations voluntarily identifying and committing themselves to a triple bottom line of profit, people and the planet (the “Triple P Bottom Line”). Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategies and Impact Investing have experienced increased visibility within the private capital universe.
Please join us on November 25th at the offices of Blaney McMurtry LLP (2 Queen St E Suite 1500) for this complimentary CVCA Professional Development Seminar.
Click here for more information, or to register now
Navigating the Capital Map: Where to find the money
November 27, 2014
This professional development session in Halifax will be of interest to entrepreneurs of newly incorporated businesses and early stage companies seeking growth capital.
Capital is the lifeblood of every young company and securing it is essential to growth and development. Despite its importance, entrepreneurs too often lack the necessary information and direction to understand their capital requirements and where to find it. Although an entrepreneur might come across lots of commentary on the subject, practical strategies and advice can be much more difficult to find.
This discussion will focus on the various types of capital and where they fit in a company’s stage of development, how to find potential investors, and preparing for the all important approach. Content will include real life experiences from early stage investors and advisors, as well as from an entrepreneur perspective.
Utilize to this valuable information to move your company forward by:
- Understanding the types of early stage capital
- Identifying potential sources
- Gaining insight into the perspective and expectations of early stage investors
- Obtaining investor tips for making a fundable impression
- Avoiding mistakes that are typically made by early stage companies
2015 Annual Conference in Vancouver
May 19, 2015
Save the date for the biggest VC and PE event in Canada in 2015 - CVCA's 2015 Annual Conference taking place in Vancouver at the Westin Bayshore.
CVCA WELCOMES FEDERAL GOVERNMENT’S THIRD FUND IN THE “VENTURE CAPITAL ACTION PLAN”
November 18, 2014
Toronto – November 18, 2014: CVCA - The Canadian Venture Capital and Private Equity Association - welcomes the Government of Canada’s announcement to invest in Kensington Venture Fund, a private... Go to Press Release
CVCA WELCOMES FEDERAL & PROVINCIAL GOVERNMENT’S ROLL OUT OF THE “VENTURE CAPITAL ACTION PLAN”
November 10, 2014
Toronto – November 10, 2014: CVCA - The Canadian Venture Capital and Private Equity Association welcomes the announcement by the Government of Canada and the Government of Quebec to invest in Teralys... Go to Press Release
Joint CPA Canada/CVCA paper offers insight into creating shareholder value
October 15, 2014
A new research paper issued by Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (CPA Canada) and Canada’s Venture Capital & Private Equity Association (CVCA) explores how to successfully create... Go to Press Release